Citizens Bank of MD, 1955
70 Years of History
The 1940's: Getting Started
- Scheibel Construction founded by John A. Scheibel.
- Company builds first gas station in 1946.
- Scheibel Construction builds gas stations throughout Washington Metropolitan Area.
- Scheibel Construction establishes corporate philosophy: Work hard. Give an honest effort at a competitive price. Develop a superior product.
The 1960's: Building Our Foundations
- Charles R. Bailey, Sr. and wife Kay Bailey (née Scheibel) bought the company in 1968 and placed an emphasis on expanding into federal and local government projects.
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, 1967
Howard University Cancer Research Center, 1979
White House Visitor’s Center, 1984
Today: Exceeding Your Expectation for more than 70 Years.
- In 1995, third-generation owner John R. Bailey bought the company from his parents, while expanding the company’s regional presence and focus from federal government work to adding public schools to our wide portfolio of projects.
St. Mary’s Court House Renovation, 1998
Huntingtown High School, 2003
Annapolis Recreation, 2009